The Shape of Things
As I dedicate more time and effort into Midnight Kiss I am starting to wonder how I want to shape this blog. Obviously I cover dirty movies, but now I'm starting to understand what the focus should be.
Obviously my reader base is pretty small right now, and I can't read too much into anything, but I am curious what can draw people in. A good example is looking at the Hentai Havoc post. Even by my small metrics that post tanked hard. Obviously, that is something that my readers are not interested in. At least not right now. So future Hentai Havoc posts are probably not going to happen. Normal hardcore features seem to do well. The only exception was Where the Boys Aren't 16. I'm not even sure why that one just didn't hit as well, but it had fewer reads than everything else. Kind of sad, because I really found that movie very pretty, and had a lot of fun talking about it. Maybe my audience just isn't feeling the sapphic side of things currently. Flip side, m/m queer content does really well.
I am also finding that I need to be very careful in what I say in these posts, cuz if the post ends up in Google Jail it is essentially done for. The first Bad Wives post never recovered, even after it was cleared. That could restrict certain titles I cover (including a movie I wrote...). I am still looking at other platforms where I can be a little more blunt in my description of things, but we shall see where that goes.
I'm going to continue exploring the world of dirty movies, but I'm wondering if my focus is going to continue to push so far into hardcore films. One problem I have run into is availability and cost of non-hardcore films. I would love to cover directors like Tinto Brass, but his movies aren't streaming uncut, and the Blu-Rays are not cheap. Hardcore movies can sell for like $4 dollars to "own" on streaming. Softcore films are even harder to track down. Luckily I do have a couple in the docket, but a lot pf "classic" ones are just not available. Or, if they do show up on Amazon or Tubi they are cut to absolute hell. I have found a few that I am going to focus on next week, just to see how they do. I am pretty happy with the mix that I found, and had a good time watching them, so hopefully you have a good time reading about them!
One thing I for sure will be covering is a wide scope of adult features. I am doing some research to try and find some quality bi and trans positive features. I have zero experience in those genres, so the going is slow, and there is a lot of low quality and down right offensive content out there to wade through. Any recommendations would be greatly appreciated. I do know that Jim Powers releases a good number of both types of films, so I have been looking at his catalog. Although he is probably going to pop up on the blog with his Kelly the Co-Ed series before anything else.
Overall, this ramble is just about me trying to figure out how I want this blog to move forward, and hopefully find ways to grow my audience. I might sneak in a few non-adult films here and there, as I am toying with a Midnight Madness heading that would be for low budget horror movies. I am talking about niche content in an unusual way, so I get that my potential audience is small, but I would like to find as many of them as possible! If you would like to see anything in particular covered, let me know in the comments.
Comments
Post a Comment